Started in 2018, Hi5 Youth Foundation’s ‘Pathway to Success’ program is an education & counseling support initiative. This program is a key extension to our flagship ‘Hope Thru Hoops’ – a basketball excellence program. While the core basketball program provides children with confidence and exposure (through tournaments, clinics etc), the Pathways program is meant to provide children with skill based assistance empowering their dreams of a successful future as well. Designed especially for children (ages 16-19 years) from disadvantaged backgrounds – who otherwise might have dropped out to engage in manual labour – this program aims to provide them with the right guidance and opportunities to complete their higher education and pursue a successful career in life.
Mission : All disadvantaged children in Hi5 program should pass their HSC i.e. 12th Std and continue to aim for better future
Key Program Elements
- Counseling children/parents on various career options and pathways available to them in the coming years
- Remedial subject support by Hi5’s in-house subject expert to children who need personal attention and doubt solving help
- Enrolling them in relevant government programs/schemes for availing subsidy on tuition fees or stipend while they continue their education
- Tuition fees or registration fees support for joining college/jr. college to children who can not afford to pay
- Online admission form filling and document edit/upload support; most children live in remote locations and have no connectivity/experience to complete these tasks
- Guidance/assistance in applying for their original/regional government KYC documents such as caste certificate, income certificate etc.
- Transport arrangement for children/their family to visit college (from tribal regions to city) to ensure their college document verification and aadhar verification is complete on time and in their presence (they cannot afford to pay for public transport otherwise)
- Assistance in opening bank accounts for all tribal children in the program as they need it to get the DBT (direct-to-beneficiary) transfer from government under the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
|‘ Pathways to Success ‘ – Program at a glance|
|★ 230 BMC Students from Hi5 Pathways to success program from mumbai municipal school||★ 100 % children(199) in our program are continuing their education post SSC(10th), HSC 12th||★ 100% passed Result in SSC & HSC children in 2021-22. |
★ 2 children topped municipal school SSC exam in 2019-20 in their cluster
|★ 52 tribal children from Hi5 tribal program in vajreshwari village||★ Improved exam scoring (avg.) percentage by an average of 33%||★ 1 tribal girl secured 2nd rank in the Arts division in Jr. College (11th Std)|